21 December 2009

Time to Brag

So, Kiara, my 4 year old daughter, is a bright one. Her vocabulary is sky high, she loves to read (at a 2nd-3rd grade level) and her favorite things right now are dinosaurs and constellations.

About a year ago we got her a little $20 planetarium thing-y for her room that came with a CD talking about the constellations and littered with a few astronomy lessons. She listens to this CD daily and has started naming her toys after constellations (specifically "Arcus", "Callisto", "Cepheus", "Cassiopia" and "Andromeda"). The other night she found Orion and Cassiopia *bounce*.

But, she likes to give us lessons of what she knows. Now, she's parroting her CD, I know this, but learning by rote is STILL learning. This morning she walked up to me said, "Mommy, did you know that there is a black hole in the constellation Cepheus? A black hole is a star that collapsed on itself and won't allow light to escape."

She LOVES science. At 4.
I really don't want her to lose that.
Ever.

Trying to figure out what to do about schooling for her as she is already beyond the basic Kindergarten curriculum. Everyone keeps saying Montessori and I think that's where we'll go, but we've got more research to do.

In other news, I'm getting married in 3 months. Freaking out a bit because wow has time flown! Still need to buy and send invitations. (We slacked for a few months while dealing with financial stuffs.)  And, this weekend, I concussed myself whilst getting into the car. That's right. I'm an Amazon and sometimes getting into cars proves interesting for my long legs. Well, I wasn't paying attention and I slammed my head against the door frame. Hard. For the next 45 minutes I was dizzy, nauseous and very hurty. The pain remained all night with intermittent fits of dizzy/queasy. Spent yesterday in pain and with the same sputterings of nausea. I'm not having memory problems (that I can remember), but my vision is doing weird things.

So yeah, I've not gone to the doctor, but I'm pretty sure I've got a concussion. Doing better thus far. Vision is still doing odd things at times.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Mom may be coming to spend Christmas Eve with us. Then Friday we're having Ohana Christmas at our place. Food, friends, good times.

*sigh*

Kiara just went into the kitchen and got a chair for herself to use Sean's computer. I love how independent she is. I love watching her grown and learn.

Life is good. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...