05 October 2010

Back From Outer Space

...or, as I call it, my crazy life.

So, lately I've been juggling. In August, my daughter started kindergarten, so that has opened up some time for me. Last month, a friend suggested that I audition for the PHX Percussion drumline (drummers that perform at Suns games)... and that re-ignited my passion for drumming. So, what did I do? I have decided to start a group called Chickaboom. All-female drumline, community group focused on girl-power, women's advocacy, music education and rocking the hell out! So, I spent the better part of 2 weeks creating content for a web presence. We're on Twitter, Facebook, we've got a blog and I have two other women (count 'em, 2!) interested in being a part of the performance group. So we'll see where that lands. And on top of it all, I have begun querying the zombie novel.

That's right, agents, I'm back! This time, though, I've brought with me a great book (as opposed to last year's less than stellar opus) and shuffling hordes of the undead.

So I find myself trying, once again, to figure out how to be all of me... writer, mother, drummer. Oh, and I am teaching poi again. It makes life interesting, to say the least.

Thank you for being patient. I hope to have more up on this blog, but, as you can see, I'm kinda busy with ...well... life.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What a cool mix of things to do with your life! Love the drumming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...