24 November 2010

Giving Thanks

So, it's that time of year here in the States where we celebrate all that we are blessed to have by being gluttonous bastards, watching football and hugging family. This year, I have much to be thankful for and couldn't begin to count my blessings.

But, I'd like to take a moment to brag about my husband.



Not my husband.
I know I often write about how awesome my daughter is and of the myriad reasons I love that munchkin, but she didn't come from no where. Her dad had a lot to do with that. Sean, my husband, is amazing. Just one little drop in the bucket as to why I love him ... this conversation from last night whilst watching the Dancing With The Stars finale.

Sean: Would you want to see Jeff Bridges on this show?
Me: Is there anything I don't want to see Jeff Bridges on?
Sean: (voice growing stern) Our. Bed.

We both just started cackling. He's not really the possessive type, as is evident in the fact that he humors my strange, unholy obsession with Adam Savage. For the record: yes, I do love Jeff Bridges. I'm stoked to see Tron: Legacy, I think he's an awesome actor and his voice is right up there with Morgan Freeman for bedtime stories. Hell, I've based one of my favorite characters in my book on the man! What else can I say? The dude abides.

But, for all his Flynntastic awesomeness and pretty blue eyes, Jeff Bridges doesn't hold a candle to my husband. My own personal, punslinging hobbit who puts up with my shit. He married a writer, he's a special kind of crazy.
Totally my husband. 


So, this year, among the great many things I am thankful for: Sean, my husband.  My geek who got me into gaming, Babylon 5 and sci-fi/fantasy books. He keeps me warm when I am cold. He reminds me to laugh at myself when I am too serious. He's been an amazing rock of support. He celebrates my successes. He helps me through the rough spots. Anything that has come at us, we have faced together, and it's awesome to have that kind of a partner. Every day I am thankful that he is in my life.

Thank you, Sean.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

AWWWWWWW...... you inspire me.

Anonymous said...

I was SO right ;-)
P

Anonymous said...

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...