29 March 2012

Games Writers Play

Yesterday we talked about the importance of networking. Today, I show you some of the proof. I woke up this morning and Twitter showed me that I have been tagged by the illustrious Trisha Leigh in a game of writer Grab Ass Tag The Writer. She tagged me and six other writers, only a few of whom I know. So woot! I've just found new authors to stalk connect with.

This writer’s meme going around the community. If you're tagged, here's what you're instructed to do:





  • Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
  • Go to line 7
  • Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are – no cheating
  • Tag 7 other authors

Alright so I'm working on one manuscript and it's a sequel to TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. I went to the prescribed page/line etc and I cannot post what's there because it would be somewhat spoilery. SO, I will give you material from TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES itself. Page 77, line 7 and a few extra sentences because there are some fragments here. In this scene, Catherine's home has been attacked by a creature she believes to be a demon. Marius is heading out the window and Cat begs for his help. She makes an offer (no I'm not telling you what) bargaining for his aid. Which brings us to: 

“You promise? Give me your word, Catherine!”
The dresser started to give way, but snagged on the loose carpet. “Yes!” I yelled, frustration and fear making my voice high and reedy. “I swear!”
And then, like a gun shot, the door burst open and Jaws reached in with clawed hands. No. Not claws. Teeth. Serrated teeth, like those of a shark, jutted out of its fingers where nails should have been. I realized this wasn’t a demon. It was a shark trying to wear a person’s shape.

So there you go. 

Alright, I'm going to tag some other museslaves now. 


Alright. Go thou and spread the writer love. Also, check these people out. They're amazingly talented. 

3 comments:

Christina Lee said...

Hey you! someone just tagged me on FB--it's my week to be tagged. I shared there and maybe will again. But in the meantime: WHOA, girlie awesome (and unique) seven lines!!!!!!

Jamie Wyman said...

Thanks :) It's from the finished manuscript that I'm shopping around rather than the WiP because I want to avoid spoilerizing.

Trisha Leigh said...

Nice lines!! Thanks for playing, and for introducing me to some new writers to follow stalk too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...